Along the road which from Ħ’Attard leads on to Il-Ħamrun one finds the Aqueduct built during the times of Grand Master Alof de Wignacourt which carried water to the capital city Il-Belt Valletta (Citta’ Umilissima). A village through which the Aqueduct passes through is Santa Venera. This Aqueduct started its building in 1611 and was finished four years later.
By the side of the arches lifting this Aqueduct is the famous palace known as Casa Leoni built by Gran Master Antonio Manoel de Vilhena and finished around the year 1730. This palace, which today houses a ministry, is surrounded by a garden which was one of the most beautiful gardens in Malta when compared to others of its size.
Near the palace one finds a public garden, named Romeo Romano. In one of its corners one finds a well kept old water mill, and in another part of the garden there is a small exhibition of ancient tools used in agriculture. In another part of this garden there is also a farmhouse open to the public.
The Santa Venera Local Council is doing its utmost so the the common heritage of days gone by in Santa Venera and Malta continues to be enjoyed by everyone.